Saturday 28 August 2010

blog elástico translinguístico

(Running the risk of sounding too serious about a simple blog that can be deleted in five seconds, there's a question this interlocutora invisível needs to ask)

What sort of blog would I like mine to be?

First, I would like it to be elastic, able to include all sorts of details and ideas and facts and fears and projects (not just mine, if possible) about the three Marias. But basically I would like it to help me describe thoughts. I'm not very good at that in real life. So, I really want to use this blog to force me into curiosity about whatever happens around me. I guess the first very basic thought I would like to "exercise" here is that the three Marias's Novas Cartas Portuguesas (1972) is not an easy read. It's really hard to follow, and can therefore become boring, with its loucura frásica, its maleabilidade de sentidos, its tendência para a inconclusão, its at times essentialised roundabout pages. There, I've said it. But once you've read it, it starts making sense. Each carta filters your attention to something that lies underneath the texture of the page. In my case, the book really started capturing my attention nine years after I first read it - so there you go, if you just bought the book, you've got time. I think it's a great book. Why else create a blog about it? The thing is, this is not just a blog about the three Marias. It's really a blog about my project about the three Marias. But we'll get there. First I need to convince some institution somewhere to fund it.

(to be continued - I hope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment